Are you looking to fill a labor job vacancy in Fort McMurray or Edmonton? Here are some of the ins and outs of working with temporary employees and how our staffing agency can help you find the right fit for your opening.
It’s not just a perception: In Canada, temporary work is really growing at a faster pace than permanent positions, and for a good reason. Finding temporary employees to fill your vancat labor job, whether in Calgary, Edmonton, or Fort McMurray, can have many benefits, such as:
- Lower employment risks
- Lower overhead costs
- Increased productivity
- Fewer work-related conflicts
- Greater flexibility to meet fluctuating workloads
Matrix Can Help You Find The Right Temp Workers For Your Labor Job Vacancy
At Matrix Labor Leasing, we pride ourselves on providing innovative and customized staffing solutions that can meet your unique requirements. Whether it’s in Calgary, Edmonton, or Fort McMurray, we can help you fill your labor jobs quickly with the skilled workforce you need to keep your business growing.
Want to know more?
The Ins & Outs of Filling Your Labor Job With Temp Workers
Over the last several years, more and more companies are looking to fill their labor job vacancies with temporary workers. While this can be a very effective staffing solution, you must understand what’s involved in hiring temps before you can fully decide whether or not this is the right choice for all your needs.
Pros of Hiring Temporary Workers
- It’s Fast. If you need to fill your labor job vacancy quickly and you don’t have time to hold interviews, then working with a staffing agency to find skilled temporary workers is a great solution. The staffing agency will vet qualified and skilled workers so you don’t have to worry about a thing. At Matrix, we use our innovative business networking site, Matrix Connect, to match skilled temps with relevant labor jobs.
- No Wasted Time or Money. If you only need help for a certain period of time, then choosing a temporary worker is a great choice. Instead of paying for a permanent employee, you only need to hire someone for the specific tasks and time period.
- You Can Use It As a Trial Period. By working with a staffing agency, you can ‘try out’ a temporary worker for a full-time position. If you’re happy with the employee’s performance, you can take them on permanently. If you aren’t satisfied, you can terminate the contract without worrying about unemployment claims, severance, or the firing process.
- Your Company Will Enjoy Higher Productivity. Studies have shown that temporary workers are very productive and successful workers. In addition, many have a specialized skill set and they can enhance your workplace with their unique knowledge.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH MATRIX FOR YOUR HIRING NEEDS
Drawbacks of Hiring Temporary Workers
- Difficult to Build Camaraderie. Because temporary employees don’t have time to fully integrate with the rest of your staff, you could see a lack of teamwork. That means that temp workers could be best suited for jobs that don’t require extensive collaboration.
- Greater Training Requirements. The more temporary workers you hire, the more new staff you’ll have to train. You can eliminate this by working with a staffing agency, or hiring the same temps as often as possible. However, there will always be some investment of time and personnel required to get your temp employees up to speed.
- You’ll Have to Be Careful of Safety Issues. No matter how highly skilled a temporary worker, they will not be familiar with your specific work environment, which means that the frequency and severity of accidents in the workplace increases. We have you covered: At Matrix, we provide safety training for our employees, increasing the safety and productivity on your job site.
Need Your Labor Job Vacancy Filled Fast? Call Matrix
Temporary workers can be very beneficial to your company, but only if you fully understand what is involved in this staffing solution. When used appropriately, such employees can save you time and money, while boosting your productivity and bringing new skills, ideas, and dynamics to the workplace.
To find out more about how we can help fill your labor jobs with the right temporary workers, visit us at Suite 204, 11420 27th Street SE, Calgary, AB, T2Z 3R6. Alternatively, you can contact us at 1-866-666-9520 or fill in our online contact form.