Are you considering applying for a plumbing job in Calgary or Edmonton? Here are 8 reasons why this is an excellent career choice.
Plumbing is an excellent career path that allows individuals to combine their ability to create and build with their hands with knowledge and innovation. Modern plumbing jobs are about more than just clogs, pipes, and drains.
Today, a career in plumbing requires you to have a unique skill set, which includes:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good physical skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Safety skills
Matrix Helps You Find Your Dream Plumbing Job
At Matrix, a leading staffing agency in Calgary, our team can help you find short term and permanent plumbing jobs in Edmonton and Calgary. Through our extensive network, you’ll be able to find the right job that fits your specific skills, advancing your career to the next step.
Want to know more?
8 Reasons Why You Should Consider Taking a Plumbing Job
Given the shortage of skilled tradespeople in Canada and the increasing age of those left, the need for skilled plumbers is growing. Whether you are a qualified plumber, or someone who is just starting out, here are 8 good reasons why you may want to consider taking up a plumbing job:
1. Great job stability. The need for skilled plumbers will never fade. This means that a plumbing job will offer you a certain level of security - you can be sure that you’ll always find employment.
2. You won’t have to deal with a large student loan debt. Today, college students are graduating with tens of thousands of dollars worth of student loan debt. Choosing a trade like plumbing means that you can attend a community college or vocational school for significantly less money, and then enter an apprenticeship, where you will be paid while you enhance your skills in the trade.
3. You’ll enjoy great job variety. One of the best things about a career in plumbing is that you can work in a wide range of industries. Whether you decide to design plumbing systems for new buildings or work towards developing new plumbing technologies, the opportunities are endless.
4. There are great advancement opportunities. Plumbing is a highly regulated and licensed trade, which means that you can work up to the master level if that’s why you desire. Master plumbers enjoy a higher salary, greater job flexibility and more opportunities than other professions.
5. You can start your own business. Many professional plumbers decide to go into business for themselves. Owning your own business means that you can work where and when you want, giving you more control over your work environment.
6. It keeps your mind and body health. As a plumber, your mind is working all the time to analyze problems and develop solutions. In addition, the physical requirements of the job can keep your body active and healthy.
7. You’ll have a high level of social interaction. As a plumber, you don’t have to stay in an office all day. You will be in meetings and interacting with people all the time. If you are able to offer good customer service, you can also generate a significant amount of income through these interactions.
8. You’ll gain a lot of respect. Today, more people are aware of the importance of plumbers and respect for the trade is growing. This means you’ll experience great job satisfaction and respect in this career.
To find out more about how the team at Matrix can help you find the right plumbing job to advance your career in this field, contact us at 1-866-666-9520 or fill in our online contact form.